Thursday, December 3, 2020

Ellen Dubin - Profile & Interview

I recently decided to republish some of my favorite interviews from my entertainment blogger days and I couldn't have chosen a nicer person to start with.

The Beauty Behind The Beasts
By Ken Hulsey

(From 2008)

At 5’10 ½ “, the Toronto born, strikingly leggy Ellen Dubin started her performing career as a ballet dancer. Due to a temporary knee injury, she began acting in theatre demonstrating a wide range of skills in drama, farce, musicals and the classics.

Her professional stage career began in the musical FIDDLER ON THE ROOF as the eldest daughter Tzeitel at a popular Toronto dinner theatre. Not only was she a triple threat performer, she even waited on tables at intermission.

During that show's run, she auditioned with a blonde wig, push-up bra, stiletto heels and a tight leopard print jumpsuit for the role of the ditzy, sexy blonde with the squeaky voice in NO NO NANETTE. When she landed this comedic role of Flora, it began her fascination with changing her looks, voice and movements depending on what she was playing. She loves inspiring her audiences with her chameleon-like character choices.

Favorite critically acclaimed stage roles: the statuesque Irish farm girl Josie in O' Neill's A MOON FOR THE MISBEGOTTEN; the kooky redhead Judy in the touring company of A CHORUS LINE; Beatrice, the woman disguised as a man in A SERVANT OF TWO MASTERS and twice as the passionate, sexy Italian maid Emilia in TAMARA; once in the New York Circles' Award winning production in Los Angeles and the second time at the recent World Theatre Festival, Toronto and various roles in COMEDYLIGHT at LA’S SECOND CITY.

Diverse TV and film roles: the devoted daughter of Academy Award Winner Olympia Dukakis in NEVER TOO LATE, the sexy, aggressive cannibal Giggerota the Wicked, as well as three other unusual characters for four seasons of the currently running world wide cult hit, LEXX. She has the distinction of being the first female Pope in Sci-Fi history.

Other unique roles: the blind healer Aunt Beast in the Miramax /ABC miniseries A WRINKLE IN TIME; the dying producer in Roddenberry's EARTH: FINAL CONFLICT, the evil British heiress in RELIC HUNTER , a devoted doctor with telempathic powers on MUTANT X and a severe Cockney housekeeper in the recent EXCEPT THE DYING for BRAVO.

Recently Ellen shot the following projects back to back – DEADZONE opposite ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL for USA NETWORK, SWARMED for the SCI FI NETWORK with Michael Shanks, the thriller JEAN’S FATE on LIFETIME, PUPPETS WHO KILL for COMEDY CENTRAL and PAX/NBC’S new period comedy YOUNG BLADES.

The versatile Ellen can be seen in the hugely successful comedy NAPOLEON DYNAMITE . The Preston, Idaho based independent has the distinction of being one of 16 films in competition at SUNDANCE 2004 and is distributed by FOX SEARCHLIGHT, PARAMOUNT in association with MTV. It has been nominated for an Independent Spirit Award, a Satellite International Critic’s Award and a Critic’s Choice Award for Best Comedy and is the number one dvd/video rental in North America . The film just won best feature film of the year at the 2005 MTV awards.

Ellen Dubin recently starred as Jeri Slate, a determined investigative journalist with an autistic son in the exciting award winning supernatural drama THE COLLECTOR, which has been sold in 65 countries. She has been nominated for a 2005 Gemini Award (equivalent of an Emmy) for her leading role.

This gutsy beauty divides her time between Los Angeles, Vancouver and Toronto and is a member of Women in Film in Canada and the US and a member of the Academy of Canadian Television and Film. She does charity work feeding the homeless at the Los Angeles Mission.


KH - Tell us a little bit about BLOOD TIES and the character you played on the show?

ED- The first episode aired on the LIFETIME CHANNEL last March.
It was a hotand sexy vampire show.

I played FELICIA, a shape shifter who can turn into a sleek jaguar. My episode was number 14 called WILD BLOOD, It is written by show creator PETER MOHAN and ANDY MIKITA directed it.

The role was a very emotional intense one. A lot of scenes were along the lines of a LAW and ORDER type of show - heavy interrogation scenes with the male lead DYLAN NEAL who is a wonderful actor. We had great chemistry.

KH - Most US fans would recognize you from your many roles on such shows as Lexx, Earth Final Conflict, The Dead Zone and the quirky comedy hit Napoleon Dynamite. From a quick glance at your filmography it would seem that you appeared in almost every form of sci-fi and fantasy. Have you always been a fan of the genre?

ED - I have been very fortunate to get a wide variety of roles in all kinds of genres. What is interesting for me is that I don't generally get recognized by my fans on the street. I am one of those actors who can be a chameleon at times. I change with the roles - I love to change physically. Of course, in shows where you are playing someone more real, you look more like yourself.I usually get - "your eyes look familiar" - or you are "taller in person"

Most actors are shorter in person. I go the other way being five foot ten and a half!I had never been a fan of genre programming .

As I started to work in these type of shows, I became a fan and started watching and appreciating the work that goes into making sci fi / supernatural type shows.


I am a big researcher when I do a role - no matter what type. So I watch every show to see the style of acting, the costuming, the direction etc. SO if I audition for that show, I have a heads up on what they are looking for.

KH -You seem to have really embraced the character Giggerota that you played on Lexx. The character appears on both your online persona and your web site. Was that a fun role for you?

ED - I am so grateful to have had the chance to play Giggerota the Wicked. That character that I originated with the help of show creator Paul Donovan has put me on the map in the sci fi genre.

I never ever forget where I started . Fans continually email me and write me letters about her. The show has become a huge underground cult hit and continues to air worldwide so new fans are popping up all the time. They love the combination of comedy/ aggressiveness and sexuality in Giggerota.

When doing the role I made sure that there was a lot of humour.

What a great combo platter -sex and comedy! The audiences embrace Giggerota because she is a no holds barred character.I loved playing Giggerota - it was very freeing for me as an actor.

Her appetite (excuse the pun) for life was wonderful! I am very similar to Giggy and that we both are like tourists in life - we love to explore and dive in . NO I am not a cannibal in real life.

KH - Giggerota wasn't the only character you played on Lexx. You had several other roles including the first female Pope in TV history. Tell us a little about those characters.

ED - I was very fortunate to be brought back in all four seasons. I was the only recurring character to have this challenge. I played Queen on the show - which was a wild wacky character who had no body but was only a bobbing head in a tub shaped like woman's genitalia. It was a huge physical challenge , I spent hours in this hot tub with a long curly black wig, heavy headpiece, a scuba diving wet suit with a weighted belt so I wouldn't float to the top of the tub and it was freezing cold outside. So I never left that tub. We shot that in a bunker outside of Berlin, Germany. It snowed like crazy outside so I never wanted to leave that tub. I was going nuts in that episode as the character Queen so I used all my discomfort as an actress to add to the absolute craziness of Queen. That episode was called GIRLTOWN.

I also had a cameo as a Florida real estate agent who finds out that she becomes the Pope.This Pope worshipped golf . Yes ,a very irreverent Pope. We shot this episode APOCALEXX NOW (a spoof and homage to Apocalypse Now) in fabulous Thailand.

What a great time I had doing this show. I had the opportunity to play four different characters and work in Potsdam and Berlin Germany, Halifax and Thailand with an incredible cast (who I still keep in touch with ) and crew. An experience that has been life changing personally and professionally!

KH - In the 2003 mini series "A Wrinkle In Time" you played "Aunt Beast", a character that required you to wear a rubber mask and a rather large body suite. What was it like to be the person behind the mask?

ED - I have to tell you , I had started after Lexx to become the actress where producers would say - "mm who do we get that would take a lot of risks and would be easy to get along with and we could put in the most uncomfortable outfit possible?". And this is precisely what happened with WRINKLE IN TIME. I became the actress known for wearing weird outfits and doing my job with absolute dedication and giving one billion percent!

I was in Los Angeles and had heard they were going to do this big mini series. I read the book and realized that this could be a Wizard of Oz type classic movie to do. I had just finished playing the villains in LEXX and I thought what a great piece to do - playing a healing compassionate character - the total opposite of LEXX. WRINKLE IN TIME was a very well known classic novel so I thought why not. This could be a real challenge. Well, little did I know what kind of show I was getting myself into!I put myself on tape- Believe it or not, I had to do a ballet dance on tape ( they wanted Aunt Beast to have had dance training which I had) and then recite some text.

I got the role and then the huge challenge began.

Without a doubt this was the most difficult role I have ever encountered physically. I wore two heavy fat suits. My breast were lowered with these fat suits. I was covered from head to toe with itchy hair . I had huge hairy feet that I kept tripping over.

The hardest thing, however, was that I didn't have use of my EYES. Aunt Beast is blind. So in a movie, for example, like PLANET OF THE APES , at least they had use of their sight. I DIDN'T . I also had four arms . The extra set , I had to puppeteer myself with strings.

AND they wanted a graceful performance .

It was hot sweaty itchy and to eat and go to the bathroom was no picnic. I had a few assistants - one to help me walk onto set because I couldn't see and the other to feed me pieces of food with a toothpick because if I ate regular food it got stuck in my "beard".Yikes!

I also had a room with a cooling hose. So on a break, they would stick a hose on my stomach to cool me off.It was a physical nightmare.BUT , I wanted to do a classic novel . I am glad I did it because it was a complete opposite to Giggerota.I looked like Mrs. Chewbacca.

My dance and voice training definitely came in handy for playing this character because when you are behind the mask , you have to have the ability to project or else no one can read your emotions on camera. All I had were my movements and my voice. My stage training really helped here.

KH - Most recently you have had a regular role on the Canadian supernatural series "The Collector". Many American fans may not be familiar with that series. Tell us a little about the show and your character Jeri Slate?

ED - I hope American fans will see the show soon. This wonderful award winning ( won best new drama series last year in Canada) has been sold in 65 countries. I was also nominated this year for a GEMINI AWARD (equivalent of a US EMMY AWARD) for my strong supporting lead work in the show. I felt truly honoured for this recognition.

The show is about a man who collects souls for the devil. I play Jeri Slate , a driven passionate journalist who is trailing the lead character ( played by the wonderful and handsome CHRIS KRAMER). Every time, he is around something strange happens.I also have a little boy (played by the fabulous AIDAN DRUMMOND) who is autistic and may have ties with the devil.The devil is played by a different actor every week which the audience relishes. The show is compelling, thought provoking, sexy and unique. I am very fortunate in that I get to play a very intense character who is on the heels of the male lead but also get to show a softer side with my son.

If the fans check their local listings, THE COLLECTOR might be in their city. For example, season one just started airing in Australia. France, Italy, Hong Kong, Serbia, Israel, India etc are airing the show soon.

THE COLLECTOR will be airing sometime in the FALL on various US Stations.
As soon as I have exact times and dates, I will keep the fans posted.KH - Do you think that your career, and that of most of your fellow Canadian actors, has been aided by the influx of American productions that have begun setting up shop in Canada over the last decade?

ED - Every little bit helps . But the reverse is more applicable to me. I moved to Los Angeles so I could get more work in Canada and it has definitely paid off for me. If you get a movie of the week or film in the US, it helps your career immensely in Canada.Los Angeles or New York is still the apex of acting!

KH - You have played a variety of roles that range from the serious to the comedic. Do you feel more comfortable in a drama or is it more fun to play it for laughs?

ED - I am very comfortable in both genres. I actually try and find humour even in drama because if a big tragic moment is about to occur and you find a subtle moment of humour before that , it makes the dramatic moment more profound.I don't even think of the genre when I am working in it. I just do the best possible focused work I can and listen to my fellow actors .

KH - I read that you are a big fan of the "Golden Age" of films. What do you think the older films bring to the table that modern films seem to be lacking?

ED - A lot of times, in classic films, the roles for women were ballsy and more intricate. The writing was snappy , sexy and funny . Hard to find great scripts nowadays.I also loved the look and style of the movies then.The actors were unique. So many people on television and film are interchangeable. Then , they kept their sense of self and embraced being different. That is what made them stars!

KH - You honestly didn't start out in life to become an actress. In fact you actually were a dancer at an early age (For some reason most fantasy genre actresses start out as dancers or vocalists for some reason.). How did your ballet training lead to an acting career?

ED - I never started out wanting to be an actress. My parents put me in ballet class because I was a very shy child with bad posture and flat feet. While I was studying ballet, I loved doing the end of year recitals- hearing the live response of an audience whetted my appetite to be a performer. SO I started to do a lot of stage. I became known for playing a lot of ditzy sexy blondes. I played a lot of characters on stage in a blonde wig. I am a brunette in real life. That begun my fascination with changing my look, my walk my voice to suit the characters I was playing. I studied singing and jazz dance lessons and began doing musicals. But, I never wanted to be typecast in musicals so I continually worked on improving and honing my skills as an actress. I studied improvisation and acting - Shakespeare and the classics, farces , drama - I performed in all kinds of plays . Theatre training definitely helped me in genre roles - If you notice, a lot of sci fi actors are classically trained. We tend to handle the material better and move and use our voice properly.

KH - What projects are you presently working on and what future plans do you have for your career?

ED - I would love to produce an interesting film . I naturally tend to put people together so I would like to get together some of my favourite actors and get a film made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

000 Fathoms (1) 000 Maniacs (1) 10 (1) 120 Minutes (6) 20 Minute Workout (1) 70s Sounds (4) 80s Rock Block (2) 80s Summer Block Party (1) A Boy Named Charlie Brown (1) A Charlie Brown Christmas (2) A Christmas Story (2) ABBA (2) Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1) ABC (8) Action Figures (3) Action Movie (7) Acton California (1) Actor (2) Actress (47) Addiction (1) Addis Railway Museum (1) Adiction (1) Adult (1) Adventure (6) Adventures Into The Unknown (1) Adventures on the Planet of the Apes (1) Agave Mexican Grill & Cantina (1) Age of Samurai Battle for Japan (1) Aiircraft (1) Air Force (1) Alamogordo New Mexico (1) Albuquerque (40) Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta (6) Alexandria Louisiana (28) Alexandria Museum of Art (1) Alfred Hitchcock (4) Alistair Begg (1) Alpha Flight (1) Amarillo (2) Amazon (2) Amber Heard (1) America (Band) (3) America The Land We Live In (1) American Experience (1) American Revolution (4) Anaheim Ducks (4) Anamaniacs (1) Ancient Text (1) Andor (3) Andy Gibb (1) Anime (15) Ann Miller (1) Anteros (1) Antique Stores (4) Anza Narrows Park (1) Apollo 11 (1) Apple Dumpling Gang (1) Apple Valley (1) Arizona (21) Ark II (1) Arkansas (7) Art (5) Artificial intelligence (5) Asha The Mexican Grey Wolf (1) Asia (Band) (1) Asteroid City (1) Atomic Robot Comics & Toys (40) Australia (13) Avengers (1) Awaken Church (15) Aztec Camera (2) B-17 Flying Fortress (1) Babylon 5 (2) Back to the Future (2) Bad Movies (7) Bakersfield (2) Bananarama (7) Band of Skulls (2) Bandelier National Monument (1) Barbara Eden (1) Barbarella (2) Bars & Restaruants (1) Barstow California (1) Batman (25) Batman The Animated Series (1) Baton Rouge (28) Battlestar Galactica (5) Bayou Beauties (1) Bear's Den (1) Bedrock City (1) Bee Gees (1) Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (1) Belle and Sebastian (1) Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1) Berlin (Band) (4) Bernice Louisiana (1) Best Coast (1) Bettie Page (6) Betty Brosmer (1) Bible (72) Big Bear Lake (3) Big Boy 4014 (6) Big Trouble In Little China (5) Bigfoot (28) Bill the Cat (1) Billy Graham (11) Billy Joel (1) Bishop Dale Bronner (1) Bjork (1) Black Cat (1) Black Dahlia (1) Black Panther (1) Black Widow (1) Blake's Lotaburger (3) Blankets and Throws (1) Blazing Saddles (4) Blessings (1) Blondie (10) Bloom County (4) Blossoms (3) BNSF (11) Bob Goff (2) Bob Welch (1) Bob's Big Boy (1) Bob's Burgers (1) Bonfire of the Vanities (1) Book (13) Books (6) Boston (Band) (1) Boy Meets Girl (1) Boz Scaggs (2) Brazil (1) Breaux Bridge (1) Bride of Frankenstein (1) Bronski Beat (1) Brookhill Ferry Shipwreck (1) Brusly Louisiana (1) Buck Rogers (1) Buddy Guy (1) Buena Park California (1) Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1) Bugs Bunny (12) Bunkie (3) Burger Barn (1) C&C Mercantile (1) Cabazon Dinosaurs (1) Caddo Parish (2) Caesars Palace (1) Cafe 80s Its Electric (3) Cajon Pass (6) Calico Ghost Town (2) California (140) California Days (1) California Girls (1) California State Railroad Museum (1) Cam Akers (1) Cameras (1) Camping Gear (1) Canada (5) Canadian National Railway (1) Candi Stanton (1) Cannons (1) Canon Cameras (1) Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels (1) Carol & Kay Save The USA (2) Carole King (1) Caroline Munroe (1) Cars (4) Cartoon (71) Casa Ole (1) Cathy Cat (1) Celluloid Philosophers (3) Central Christian Church (1) Character (2) Charity (1) charli (1) Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (2) Charlie Kirk (1) Charlton Comics (1) Chase Masterson (1) Cheneyville Louisiana (1) Chic (2) Chicago Theater (1) Chilly Willy (1) China (1) Chinese Food (2) Christine McVie (1) Christmas (21) Church (Importance) (1) Chvrches (1) Cinclare Sugar Mill & Plantation (1) Cinco de Mayo (1) Cindy Hanson (1) Civics (2) Classic Cars (2) Classic Rock (48) Classic Toys (7) Claude Texas (1) Clear Lake (1) Clearman"s North Woods Inn (1) Cleburne Texas (1) Cleopatra (1) Clothing (4) Coal Mine Canyon (1) Coffee (1) Colfax (1) College Basketball (5) College Football (9) Colorado (5) Columbia Louisiana (1) Comedy (54) Comic Books (112) Comic Strips (3) Compassion (1) Conrad Veidt (1) Corona California (1) Corona Del Mar State Beach (3) Cosplay (3) Costa Mesa California (1) Costumes (1) Cotton Valley Louisiana (1) Counseling (2) Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse (1) Coushatta Louisiana (1) Cowboy Bebop (8) CPKC Railroad (1) CPKS Railroad (3) Creature from the Black Lagoon (17) Crescent Bay Beach (2) Crime (1) Crime Drama (1) Cross Lake (1) Crusader Rabbit (2) Cryptozoology (39) Culture Club (1) Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad (3) Cutie Honey (1) Cyndi Lauper (4) Daily Devotional (24) Daredevil (4) Darkwing Duck (2) David Bowie (2) Dawn Wells (1) Day Trips (1) DC Comics (38) Dead Man's Point (1) Dead or Alive (1) Debbie Harry (1) Declaration of Independence (1) Deep Purple (1) Defenders (2) Dejah Thoris (3) Del Taco (1) Denver (1) Depeche Mode (8) Depression (1) DeQuincy (2) DeQuincy Railroad Museun (2) Detroit (1) Devlin (1) Diana Ross (1) Diane Birch (2) Diboll Texas (1) Dinosaurs (20) Discipleship (3) Discover New Mexico (56) Disney (22) Disneyland (1) Doctor Who (9) Documentary (8) Dodson Louisiana (1) Dominion Tank Police (2) Donald Duck (1) Donald Fagen (1) Double Trouble (1) Dr Martin Luther King Jr (2) Dr Seuss (1) Dr Strange (2) Dr Strangelove (1) Dracula (13) Drama (1) Dubstar (1) Dubuisson Lake (1) Dune (1) Duran Duran (6) Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad (2) Dynamite Entertainment (27) Eagles (Band) (1) Economics (2) Edwards Air Force Base (1) Eiji Tsuburaya (1) El Dorado Arkansas (4) Electronic (1) Electronics (3) Elektra (1) Elizabeth Olsen (2) Ellen Dubin (2) Elske McCain (1) Elvira (3) Elvis Costello (1) Embraceable Ewes (1) Emer Kenny (2) Emergency +4 (2) Emmie Mikaelsson (1) Emotional Monsters (5) Emotions (1) Enchanting Beauties (1) Energy Crisis (4) England Air Force Base Heritage Park (5) English Beat (2) Entertainment Earth (5) Environment (13) Envy of None (1) Escape From The Planet of the Apes (2) Eunice Louisiana (1) Eurythmics (1) Eva Vlaardingerbroek (4) Event (13) Expedition X (1) Expensive Stuff I Will Never Be Able To Afford (1) Fabulous 50s (41) Facebook (1) Fail Safe (1) Failed Television (3) Faith (158) Famous Monsters of Filmland (1) Famous Quotes (1) Fantastic Four (10) Fantastic Photos From Fantasy Films (17) Fantasy (2) Faster (1) Faster Pussycat Kill Kill (1) Father Brown (2) Father's Day (1) Fathom Events (2) Fenton Louisiana (1) Fickle Friends (2) Fillmore (1) Fillmore & Western Railway (1) Fine Young Cannibals (2) Fireball XL-5 (1) FireCityFunk (1) Flame Broiler (1) flas (1) Flash Gordon (2) Flasher (1) Fleetwood Mac (12) Florence Pugh (1) Food (1) Football (46) Fort Buhlow Recreation Area (1) Fort Courage Trading Post (1) Fouke Arkansas (4) Fox and the Croe (1) Foxes (2) France (1) Frankenstein (14) Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles (4) Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman (1) Franz Ferdinand (1) Freedom Families United (1) Freedom Fry (1) Fremont Street Experience (1) Fresh Pickins Produce Market (1) Friday Night Videos (24) Futurama (1) Gal Gadot (4) Gallup (1) Gamera (4) Genesis II (2) George Orwell (1) George Washington (1) Geowulf (1) Get Smart (2) Ghost Town (2) Ghost Towns Of Route 66 (2) Gibson's Discount Center (1) Gila Cliff Dwellings (1) Gilligan's Island (3) Gina Carano (1) Glenmora Louisiana (2) Go West (4) Godzilla (61) Godzilla King of the Monsters (3) Godzilla Minus One (9) Godzilla Power Hour (2) Godzilla Raids Again (2) Godzilla vs Kong (3) Godzilla vs Kong 2 (1) Godzilla's Revenge (2) Gold Key Comics (3) Gold Mine Arcade (1) Golden State Railroad Museum (1) Goldsboro North Carolina (1) Gordi. Alex Lahey (1) Gorgo (3) Government Spying (1) Grand Canyon Railroad (8) Great Food (18) Greenpeace (1) Greensboro North Carolina (1) Griffith Observatory (1) Griffith Park (1) Grindhouse (4) Groundhog Day (1) GS4 Locomotive 4449 (1) Gwen Stefani (1) Habanero (1) Hall & Oates (3) Halloween (5) Hamburgers (5) Hammer Film Productions (1) Hanna-Barbera (34) Harry Houdini (1) Harumi Nemoto (1) Hatchie (3) Hawaiian Food (2) Health (1) Heart (3) Heather Locklear (1) Heather Tomes (1) Hey There It's Yogi Bear (3) History (124) Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (6) HO Scale (2) Hockey (4) Holbrook (1) Holidays (18) Homes For Sale (4) Homesick Candles (1) Hong Kong Phooey (1) Hope (1) Horror (8) Horror Movies (46) Hot Traxx (70) House of Frankenstein (1) House of Wax (1) Houston Texas (3) Howard Fogg (1) Huckleberry Hound (1) Huey Lewis and the News (1) Hulk (1) Hulsey Family (3) Humor (17) Ice Cream (1) Icehouse (3) Iconic Events (1) IDW Publishing (6) Illinois (1) images (1) Images Without Context (53) In Search Of (1) In Search of Noah's Ark (1) In Touch Ministries (3) In-N-Out (2) Inch High Private Eye (2) Independent Film (4) Indian Creek Recreation Area (1) Indian Food (1) Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (1) Indie Pop (1) Infrastructure (1) Inglewood Plantation (1) Inhumans (1) Interview (6) Inventions (1) INXS (4) Iowa Louisiana (1) Iron Man (1) Irvine California (1) Isabella Manfredi (6) Istanbul Turkey (1) It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (1) Italy (2) j (1) Jabberjaw (1) Jackson (1) James Bond (1) James Stewart (1) Jana of the Jungle (2) Jane Russell (1) Japan (50) Japan Railway Journal (2) Japanese Breakfast (3) Jazz (1) Jean Harlow (1) Jeannie (1) Jefferson Louisiana (1) Jemez Mountains (2) Jenilee Harrison (1) Jenna Coleman (1) Jerry Paper (1) Jersey Mike's (1) Jesus (7) Jesus Christ (8) Joan Collins (1) John and Ken Show (12) John Carter Warlord of Mars (1) Johnny Nash (1) Johnny Soko & His Flying Robot (2) Jordan Fuller (1) Josh Gates (1) Josie and the Pussycats (4) Journey Church (67) Journey United (1) Junction City (1) Jurgen Matthesius (3) Justice League (4) Kansas City Southern (7) Kate Bush (1) Kay Smythe (2) KENN.FM (14) Kens Model Train Shop (2) Kern County Museum (1) Kim Novak (1) King Kong (17) King Kong Escapes (2) King Kong vs Godzilla (5) Kingdom of the Spiders (1) Kisatchie National Forest (2) KISS (8) Knott's Berry Farm (1) Konga (2) Krispy Kreme (1) Lafayette (6) Laguna Beach (1) Lake Charles (7) Lake Street Drive (1) Lamborghini (1) Land of the Lost (5) Lara Logan (1) Las Vegas (6) Law (1) Lea's Pies (1) Leadership (2) Leanne Matthesius (7) Lecompte (37) Led Zeppelin (2) Leesville Louisiana (2) Legacy Church (42) Lettsworth LA (3) Level 42 (5) Liane Jungle Goddess (1) Life Hacks (4) Lincoln Historic Site (1) Linda Lindas (1) Linda Ronstadt (2) Lisa Boothe (3) little (1) Little Boots (2) Liz Phair (1) Loch Ness Monster (4) Logan's Run (5) Long Beach (1) Long Branch New Jersey (1) Looney Tunes (8) Los Angeles (27) Los Angeles Rams (48) Los Cerrillos (1) Lou Rawls (1) Louisiana (208) Louisiana Southern Railroad (2) Louisiana Steam Train Association (1) Love (3) Lucerne Valley (2) Lufkin Texas (3) Luscious Jackson (1) Lyle Blackburn (1) Lynda Carter (4) M.E. Moses Five and Dime (1) Macross (3) Mad Monster Party (2) Madeline Smith (1) Madonna (1) Madrid (NM) (3) Magazines (5) Magnus Robot Fighter (1) Mansfield Louisiana (2) Mardi Gras (1) Marie Devereux (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Mark Ronchetti (2) Marksville Louisiana (1) Mars Exploration (2) Martin Homeplace Museum (1) Marvel Comics (42) Mary Lynn Richardson Park (1) Mathmatics (1) Maturity (1) Maui & Sons (1) Mayer Hawthorne (6) Mazinger Z (2) Mazinkaiser (2) Medication (1) Mego (3) Mel Brooks (4) Memorial (11) Memorial Day (2) Men Without Hats (2) Mental Health (2) Metropolis (1) MeTV (8) Mexican Food (9) Michael Schellenberger (3) Michael's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery (1) Michelle Garcia Holmes (1) Michigan (1) Micronauts (1) Mile Two Church (1) Milli Vanilli (1) Minami Hamabe (1) Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (1) Missing Persons (5) Monroe's Mexican Food (3) Monster Island News Archives (1) Monty Python (3) Moonknight (1) Moreauville Louisiana (1) Morgan Fairchild (2) Mormon Rocks (2) Morrissey (1) Most Beautiful Women In America (1) Mothra (3) Movie Clips (15) Movie Quotes (3) Movie Screening (6) Movie Trailers (7) Movies (164) Mr Lobo (1) Mt Whitney (2) MTV (2) MUNA (1) Museum (41) Musical (1) Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (1) Myrna Loy (1) Mysterious Island (1) Mystery (62) Naomi Wolf (2) Napoleon (1) Naranjo Museum of Natural History (2) NASA (10) Natalie Dormer (1) Natchitoches Louisiana (6) Native Americans (3) Navajo Nation (1) Neil Armstrong (1) Neil Norman (1) Netflix (8) Nevada (8) New Jersey (2) New Mexico (96) New Mexico Lobos (11) New Mexico Museum of Art (1) New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science (2) New Mexico Museum of Space History (1) New Mexico Rail Runner Express (3) New Order (4) New Zealand (1) Newport Beach (4) News (4) Newton Texas (1) Night Passage (1) Nightwing (2) Noodles Grandiose Adventures (2) North Acomita (1) North Carolina (8) Nova (1) Oakland (1) Obi-Wan Kenobi (2) Ogopogo (1) Oklahoma (1) Olivia Newton John (2) Olla Louisiana (1) Ono Hawaiian BBQ (1) Opelousas Louisiana (1) Orange County (11) Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark (4) Oro Grande (3) Ouachita Railroad (1) Pablo Picasso (1) Pacific Harbor Line (1) Paintings (1) Palm Springs (2) Parade (1) Paranormal (23) Partridge Family 2200 AD (1) Pastor Cal Jernigan (1) Pastor Darrell Ingram (2) Pastor James Greer (31) Pastor Richie Thorton (1) Pastor Steven Roberts (13) Pat Benatar (10) Pat Hitchcock (1) Patlabor (1) Paul McCartney (1) Paul Simon (1) PBS (3) Peanuts (4) Pedros Tacos & Tequilia (1) Pelican Institute for Public Policy (1) Pennsylvania (2) Performing Arts (1) Perris California (4) Pet Shop Boys (1) Peter Cushing (1) Phoenix Arizona (1) Photography (246) Pink Floyd (1) Pink Lady (2) Pinky and The Brain (1) Pioneertown (2) Pirate's Cove Water Park (1) Pizza (2) Planet of the Apes (15) Plaquemine Lock State Historic Site (3) Playboy (1) Player (1) Playlists (1) Pluto TV (1) Podcasts (22) Poison Ivy (2) polit (1) Politics (119) Pop Culture (5) Portugal The Man (1) Pre War 30s (3) Prehistoric Park (2) Primitive War (1) Prince of Space (1) Pringle Theater (1) Project UFO (2) Proverbs (1) Psycho (1) Pussycat! Kill! Kill (1) Quark (2) Quatermass and the Pit (2) Queen Marry (1) Quick Draw McGraw (3) Rachel Grubb (2) Radio Show (7) Raiders of the Lost Ark (1) Railroad (116) Rapides Parish Fair (1) Ray Harryhausen (1) Rays Drive In (1) Rear Window (2) Rebecca Dow (1) Recipes (6) Record Players (1) Recycling (1) Red Hot Chili Peppers (1) Red River & Gulf RR (11) Red River and Gulf Railroad (7) Red Sonja (13) Relationships (2) REM (2) Renegade Soundwave (1) Reptilicus (1) Restaurant (36) Retro Saturday Morning (91) Return to the Planet of the Apes (4) Revenge of the Creature (1) Richard Hatch (1) Ringo Starr (1) Rio Grande Railroad (1) Rio Rojo Mexican Restaurant (1) River Road Treehouses (1) Riverside California (2) Road To Bali (1) Robotech (7) Robyn Hilton (2) Rock Island Railroad (3) Rock Music (153) Rocketeer (1) Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends (3) Rodan (2) Roger Corman (2) Rolling Stone (1) Rosetta Stone (1) Roswell UFO Festival (1) Rotolo's Craft & Crust (1) Rougarou (3) Route 66 (9) Royal India Bistro (1) Rubios Coastal Grill (1) Ruidoso New Mexico (1) Rush (8) Russia (2) Safety (1) Saga (2) Saint Etienne (5) Sale (1) Sally Shapiro (1) Salvation (1) San Antonio (1) San Bernardino California (1) San Cisco (1) San Diego (1) San Diego Zoo (1) Sandia Peak Tramway (2) Santa Fe (7) Santa Fe 2926 (4) Santa Fe Railroad (9) Sarah Brightman (1) Sarah French (5) Sarto Iron Bridge (2) Satire (12) Saturday Night Live (2) Savage Tales (1) Sayo Komada (1) Scams (1) Scarlet Witch (3) Scarlett Johansson (1) Schlitz & Giggles (1) Schoolhouse Rock (1) Science (29) Science Fiction (223) Scooby Doo (1) Scotland (5) Scritti Politti (2) Sea Monsters (1) Sears Christmas Wish Book (1) Secret Squirrel (1) Sedona (2) Self Help (62) Sermon (25) Seven Stars in Kyushu (1) Sex Pistols (1) She & Him (1) Sheena (5) Shen Yung (1) Shogun Warriors (1) Shreveport (14) Shreveport Reverview Park (2) Sia (1) Silent Movies (1) Silver Age Comics (2) Silver Streak (1) Silver Surfer (1) Silverwood Lake (1) Simmesport (1) Simple Minds (1) Sinead O Conner (1) Sky High (2) Sky Railway (4) Skybound Entertainment (1) Smashing Pumpkins (1) Smith's Landing (1) Snoopy (5) So I Married An Axe Murderer (1) Soft Cell (1) Soggy Bottom USA (1) Solar Eclipses (1) South Arkansas Arboretum (2) South Carolina (2) Southern California Railway Museum (8) Southern Forest Heritage Museum (18) Southern Pacific Railroad (7) Soviet Union (2) Soylent Green (1) Space (1) Space 1999 (3) Space Exploration (13) Space Sentinels (1) Spaceballs (1) Spaced (1) Speed Buggy (1) Spencer North Carolina (1) Spider-Man (13) Spider-Woman (2) Spoonbill Watering Hole & Restaurant (2) Sports (63) Sports Gear (1) Squeez (1) St Francisville (1) St Lucia (2) St Patrick's Day (2) Star Trek (27) Star Trek The Animated Series (2) Star Wars (59) Starcrash (1) Starlog (1) Starstruck (1) Statues (3) Steam Preservation (45) Steely Dan (1) Stefani Lord (1) Steve Ditko (1) Steve Martin (2) Steve Smothermon (20) Stevie Nicks (4) Store (2) Styx (3) Superman (15) Supertrain (1) Susannah Fielding (1) Suzanne Vega (2) Suzi Lorraine (3) Sweden (3) Swimwear (1) Sylvan Esso (1) T-shirts (2) Tabitha Swanson (1) Taco Treat (1) Taiwan (1) Talking Heads (3) Tanya Roberts (2) Taos New Mexico (5) Taylor Swift (1) Technology (5) Tehachapi (3) Tehachapi Loop (2) tele (1) Television (194) Tennessee (3) Texas (38) Texas & Pacific Railroad (1) Texas State Railroad (5) Th (2) Thanksgiving (4) The (1) The Addams Family (5) The American Buffalo (1) The Artic Giant (1) The Avengers (Comics) (1) The Avengers (TV) (2) The Bamboos (3) The Beast From 20 (2) The Beast of Bray Road (1) The Beatles (3) The Benny Hill Show (1) The Bible (15) The Birds (2) The Black Scorpion (1) The Blues Brothers (1) The Book of Boba Fett (4) The Carol Burnett Show (1) The Clash (1) The Cove Hawaiian Grill (1) The Cure (5) The Curse of the Werewolf (1) The Day The Earth Stood Still (3) The Doobie Brothers (2) The Flintstones (9) The Fratellis (2) The Giant Claw (1) The Giant Spider Invasion (1) The Green Slime (1) The Groovie Goolies (4) The Groovy 70s (152) The Hardcore 90s (25) The Herculoids (3) The Heritage Center (1) The Human League (3) The Interruptors (1) The Jam (1) The Jerk (1) The Jetsons (2) The Knocks (1) The Krofft Superstar Hour (1) The Land That Time Forgot (1) The Land Unknown (2) The Last Dinosaur (2) The Legend of Boggy Creek (3) The Lightning Seeds (3) The Man Called Flintstone (1) The Mandalorian (12) The Midnight Special (7) The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (1) The Mighty Peking Man (1) The Monster That Challenged The World (1) The Mr. Bill Show (1) The Mummy (4) The Muppet Show (1) The New Adventures of Gilligan (1) The Oddball Couple (1) The Partridge Family (3) The Pebbles and Bamm Bamm Show (2) The People That Time Forgot (1) The Perils of Gwendoline (1) The Pink Panther (2) The Police (6) The Power Station (2) The Preatures (3) The Pretenders (3) The Primitives (1) The Radical 80s (76) The Real X-Files (17) The Roaring 20s (1) The Robot Apocalypse (2) The Rocketeer (1) The Roman Holidays (1) The Secret (1) The Secrets of Isis (1) The Simpsons (5) The Smiths (1) The Spinners (1) The Struts (1) The Style Council (1) The Temper Trap (2) The Thin Man (1) The Thing (1) The Vaccines (1) The Vampire Lovers (1) The Way Out 60s (67) The Who (1) The Wild Things (1) The Wolf Man (3) The X-Files (6) Them! (3) Thomas Jefferson (1) Thor (1) Three's Company (1) Thunderbirds (1) Tiffani Amber Thiessen (1) Tina Cole (1) Tom & Jerry (5) Tony Evans (6) Tops (2) Tornado (1) Toto (1) Tourism (131) Tourist Railroad (22) Toys (13) Toys By Roy (1) Trading Places (2) Train Set (2) Travel (35) Travel Guides (16) Travelers Gear (14) Trivia (2) True Crime (3) Trulia Finds (2) Trust (1) Tulsi Gabbard (10) Tustin California (1) U.S. Constituation (1) UCLA Bruins (7) UFO (Sighting) (24) UFO (TV Series) (2) Ultraman (8) Ultraman Towards The Future (1) Union Pacific (15) United Kingdom (38) United States (18) Unversal Monsters (1) US Civil War (3) USC Trojans (5) USSR (2) Utah (1) Vampire (1) Vampirella (4) Vampiress Carmilla (2) Van Gogh Gala (1) Van Halen (1) Vasquez Rocks (1) Venom (1) Venus Wars (1) Vernon (11) Vernon Plaza Theater (1) Vertigo (2) Victorville (15) Victorville First Assembly of God (3) Video Games (1) Vincent Price (3) Virgin Galactic (2) Virginia (1) Vision (2) Vixen (1) Volcanodon (1) Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1) Voyage To The Prehistoric Planet (1) WandaVision (2) Wang Chung (1) war (1) War Era 40s (20) War of the Gargantuas (1) War of the Worlds (1) Warner Bros (13) Water Bottles (1) Watson's Soda Fountain & Cafe (2) Weather (7) Welsh Louisiana (1) Werewolf of London (1) Werewolves (1) West Virginia (1) Western (2) Western America Railroad Musuem (2) Westlake Louisiana (1) Wet Leg (1) Wetumka Oklahoma (1) Wham! (2) What's Up Doc? (1) Whittier (5) Wichita Falls Texas (1) Wildlife (2) Williams Arizona (5) Winnfield Louisiana (1) Winston-Salem (2) Winter Gear (1) Witnessing (2) Wizard of Oz (2) Wizards (2) WKRP in Cincinnati (2) Wolfman (5) Wonder Woman (21) Wonder Woman 3 (1) Wonka (1) Woody Woodpecker (1) World War I (2) World War II (9) Worlds Unknown (1) Wrightwood California (1) Wyoming (3) X-Men (10) Xena Warrior Princess (2) xPropaganda (1) Yazoo (2) Yellowstone National Park (1) Yermo (2) Yeti Giant of the 20th Century (1) Yogi Bear (4) Yumi Zouma (7) Yumiko Shaku (1) Zillow Finds (2) Zone Fighter (2) Zorro's Black Whip (1)